Why Sell with BHHS
Why Sell with BHHS:
our Home Seller Services
Selling a home can be a big decision. At Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Select Realty, it is our goal to help you sell your property for the highest price attainable, within the time frame that fits your plans, and to make the home-selling process as efficient, stress-free and successful as possible.
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices was rated highest in satisfaction upon repeat home sellers in the 2017 J.D. Power Home Buyer – Home Seller Satisfaction Study.
- With a high percentage of homebuyers in our area coming from out-of-state, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices is aligned with some of the largest relocation companies in the world, offering high confidence for these buyers and additional exposure for our home sellers.
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Select Realty is one of the top real estate companies in our market, and one of the top 50 companies in the Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices network nationwide.
When you work with Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Select Realty, you can expect our agents to be your resource, guiding you every step of the way. You can expect a high level of service from your Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Select Realty agent throughout your home-selling process. The home-selling services your agent will provide you include:
- Determining your needs and priorities
- Previewing a marketing plan
- Reviewing your prepared Comparative Market Analysis
- Establish a competitive pricing strategy
Listing Your Home For Sale
- Discuss home enhancement recommendations
- Discuss your property’s marketing plan
One real estate agent can represent many potential buyers; therefore, it is important to market your home to other agents as well as the general buying public in order to improve the timeliness of selling your home.
Agent to Agent
Advertising Real Estate agents are able to show potential buyers all of the homes available on the multiple listing service (MLS). By listing your home with Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Select Realty, not only will your home be well-represented on the MLS, your property will be directly marketed to thousands of agents throughout Northern and Central Virginia.
Marketing to the Public
There are many benefits of choosing to work with a Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Select Realty agent. Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Select Realty spends thousands of dollars each year advertising our clients’ properties. Print, internet, social media and so much more. Your Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Select Realty agent will tailor a custom marketing plan specific to your property.
Review Offer and Reach Agreement with Buyer
- Discuss and clarify proposed terms and conditions with you.
- Negotiate possible counter offer.
- Reach final agreement, sign all documents pertaining to the sale.
- Prepare net sheet.
Completing the Sale
- Negotiation of inspections.
- Removal of remaining contingencies.
- Title search, preliminary title report.
- Scheduling buyer’s final walk-through of property.
- Scheduling the closing.
- Recording of title.
An agent can help you find your next home, as needed and assist you with relocation, as needed.
Home Selling Tips
No one has a more important role in the home-selling process than you. Here are some ways your participation can contribute to a successful sale:
- Maintain the property in ready-to-show condition.
- Ensure that the house is easily accessible to real estate professional (lock box and key).
- Try to be flexible in the scheduling of showings.
- When you are not at home, let your agent know how you can be reached in case an offer is received.
- If approached directly by a buyer who is not represented by a real estate professional, please contact your agent. Do not allow them into the property unescorted.
- Remove or lock up valuables, jewelry, cash and prescription medications.
- If possible, do not be present when the property is being shown.
- Securely pen-up pets, or take them with you.
- Be cautious about saying anything to buyers or their sales professional that could weaken your negotiating position, especially regarding price or your urgency to sell.
- Let your agent know of any changes in the property’s condition that would need to be disclosed to potential buyers.
- Be available to review with your agent the list price and condition of your property if it has not sold in a reasonable period of time.
- Feel free to contact your agent at any time with questions or concerns.
Why Use an Agent
Buying and selling property can be complex and stressful tasks. In fact, for many people it's the biggest single investment they will make in their lifetime. Real estate transactions have become increasingly complicated.
New technology, laws and procedures require real estate practitioners to perform at an ever-increasing level of professionalism. It's more important than ever that you work with an agent who has a keen understanding of the real estate business.
According to the National Association of REALTORS¨, close to 4 out of 5 existing homes in the U.S. have been entrusted to real estate professionals.
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Select Realty Agents
- Most of our REALTORS® have many years of real estate experience. There are intangible benefits when working with a well-established, educated and experienced group of professionals.
- Each REALTOR® has a diversity of background and experience, from extensive participation in civic organizations to prior employment in other areas of sales.
- Our varied local contacts cover a wide cross section of the market place, and serve as stepping stones to future business.
- All of our agents are trained to be your advocate during the negotiating process. A sales associate can help you strategically evaluate an offer then work to negotiate a favorable contract.
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Select Realty agents have expertise in marketing your property; from the moment your listing agreement is signed, you can be sure your property will be promoted.
Discover why Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices was named Real Estate Brand of the Year and Most Trusted Real Estate Brand in the 2018 Harris Poll, contact one of our sales professionals today.